Mga Pahina

Martes, Disyembre 18, 2012

My First Post and My First Dish (Thai Green Curry)



Coconut Milk. What the heck is a coconut milk? 

That's the first ingredient I saw in the recipe which was written at the back of the green curry paste packaging. I didn't know that those recipes work. But first things first. What the heck is a coconut milk and where can I find it? I am damn new to this supermarket scene.

Junk foods.. yeah! That's my heavenly lane. Go to a supermarket and buy a Lays barbecue flavor. That's easy as one-two-three..but looking for a coconut milk..that's worse than your average Easter egg hunt. I went to the milk section. Nope. No sign of Coconut Milk. I don't even want to ask because I don't want them to figure out my ignorance on this thing. Glad I found one and I forgot which lane. See how stupid I am? Well you cannot blame me. It's a defining moment. I am now human. 

Next... the meat. Funny thing is that the guys who wrote the recipe (shame on them) failed to write how much meat you need in order to perfect the meal. So I approached the butcher and asked if how much do I get for a half kilo chicken thigh fillet. He placed some of the meat inside a plastic bag and weighed the loot. My gut feel told me that a half kilo is enough. Sigh of relief. 

"So that's how half kilo looks like", I said to myself. 

After surviving the jungle and completed the things on the list, I went home and prepared for the meal. 

My first *cooking experience was fun except for a few bloopers I made like putting the tomatoes without cutting them. Thanks mom for telling me how stupid I am. But I am glad they all liked it (or they just lied because they wanted me to feel good at this cooking debut of mine). 

-------------------

Indian or Thai foods are not easy meals to prepare. You need to know the list of spices and majority of them cannot be found in one supermarket. So, for starters, all you need is a ready made paste. This Kanokwan Green curry paste is really tasty. Highly recommended. 




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento